Robust fire door inspections to ensure every aspect of your fire doors are functioning in accordance with regulations
It goes without saying that, in the event of a fire, it is critical that exit and entrance points not only provide a safe means of evacuation but are also engineered to provide an effective barrier against the spread of smoke and fire.
We’ve designed our in-depth, 37-point fire door inspection checklist in accordance with current regulations, giving you peace of mind that you’re meeting your professional compliance and insurance cover requirements. This includes:
- Verifying that all fire doors in your establishment meet the required specification, installation and maintenance levels.
- Checking functionality, correct installation and effectiveness of key elements including Door Hold Open devices, fire tested glazing, and intumescent seals and door strips.
- Advising on required measurement and critical dimension, which consider human factors such as ease of evacuation for wheelchair users.
Once we’ve completed your fire door report our panel of selected contractors can carry out any remedial work identified to bring all fire doors up to the required standards.
By subscribing to our services you will benefit from:
- Our Fire Door Inspection Scheme (FDIS) Certified Fire Door Inspectors surveying your fire doors routinely at intervals of your choice.
- Minor adjustments of fire doors as standard.
- Approved fire door installation and maintenance teams completing work at set prices.
- Each door will have ‘Record of Maintenance Activities’ forms issued. You can then use these in your O&M Manuals showing records of all Fire Door Maintenance that has been carried out.
- A record of what maintenance needs to be carried out on your fire doors. You will know exactly which Q-Mark Accepted Repair Techniques (ARTs) are required to make each door assembly compliant.
- No unexpected bills and the costs spread throughout the year. This allows for better accuracy in your budgeting.
- Peace of mind knowing that your fire doors are safe and compliant.
- You can prove that your statutory obligations to maintain fire doors are being met.